HOME | RESOURCES | ADMIN LOGIN | NLC BLOG
 
BREAKING NEWS:

« Back to News Page
REGIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADVANCING DECENT WORK IN GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAINS IN AFRICA: 25 – 26 JULY 2016
11-Jul-2016


REGIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADVANCING DECENT WORK IN GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAINS IN AFRICA: 25 – 26 JULY 2016 The Nigeria Labour Congress in collaboration with ITUC-Africa is organizing a regional conference on Advancing Decent Work in Global Supply Chains in Africa. 50% of the world’s largest companies have a global footprint and in aggregate directly employ only 6% of the workforce on which they depend. This leaves a hidden workforce of 94% in their supply chains, a workforce that in the overwhelming majority are trapped in low wage, insecure and often unsafe jobs. The Africa trade union leaders is extending its supply chain campaign to target countries in Africa, namely Nigeria, Zambia, Kenya, Niger, Cote d’Ivoire and Senegal as planned to commence from 2016. Corporate research, country specific economic profiles and stories from workers and their unions of oppression and wages that are below minimum living wages are being documented to frame campaign targets, strategies and outcomes to be determined by each affiliate. The regional planning meeting will be in Nigeria on Monday and Tuesday, July 25 – 26, 2016. Concept: The regional conference in Nigeria will bring together union leaders with their campaign coordinators from the targeted countries. • Examine research relating to footprint of largest companies operating in Africa. • Correlate national campaign priorities with research and deepen campaign planning. • Establish timeline for campaign activities including October 7 – World Day for Decent Work • Embed end corporate greed campaign umbrella • Identify workplaces and workers for documenting decent work deficits Accommodation Hotel reservation has been made for Participants at the Sheraton Hotel and Tower, Wuse, Abuja, Nigeria Contact person: Emmanuel Ugboaja +2348033084549. NLC will provide buses for pick-up at the airport. .

 

 


  Text of Press Conference addressed by the National Political Commission of the Nigeria Labour Congress on The recent Developments in the Labour Party
13-Oct-2017

  NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS PRESIDENT MAY DAY 2017 SPEECH
04-May-2017

  ADDRESS OF THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS, COMRADE AYUBA WABBA mni, TO OPENING SESSION OF THE 4TH NATIONAL GENDER CONFERENCE OF NLC, HOLDEN AT ROYAL TROPICANA HOTEL, UTAKO ABUJA, 8-9TH MARCH, 2017 Protocol
09-Mar-2017

  2017 XENOPHOBIC ATTACK IN SOUTH AFRICA: NO, WE ARE NOT COUNTING, WE SEEK ENDURING SOLUTIONS
03-Mar-2017

ADDRESS OF THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS, COMRADE AYUBA WABBA mni, TO OPENING SESSION OF THE 4TH NATIONAL GENDER CONFERENCE OF NLC, HOLDEN AT ROYAL TROPICANA HOTEL, UTAKO ABUJA, 8-9TH MARCH, 2017 Protocol
8th March, 2017 ADDRESS OF THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS, COMRADE AYUBA WABBA mni, TO OPENING SESSION OF THE 4TH NA--09-Mar-2017

2017 XENOPHOBIC ATTACK IN SOUTH AFRICA: NO, WE ARE NOT COUNTING, WE SEEK ENDURING SOLUTIONS
2017 XENOPHOBIC ATTACK IN SOUTH AFRICA: NO, WE ARE NOT COUNTING, WE SEEK ENDURING SOLUTIONS--03-Mar-2017

 
NLC AFFILIATES:
javascript
       
ABOUT THE NLC NEWS ROOM DEPARTMENTS CONTACT US
NLC Origins & History
Vision & Mission Statement
Aims & Objectives
How we work
Membership
ORGANS OF NLC
National Administrative Council (NAC)
Central Working Commitee (CWC)
National Executive Counicl (NEC)
National Delegate Conference (NEC)
STATE COUNCILS
Councils Chairmen
Councils Secretaries
Upcoming Events
News from the Unions
News & Publications
Press Releases
Event Photos
Event Videos
Archives
NLC IN THE NEWS
Newspapers Publicationss
News Videos
DOWNLOADS
Resources
NLC Policy Documentts
Speeches/Addresses of NLC President
Administration
Education
Finance
Health & Safety
Industrial Relations
Information
International Relations
Women & Youth
Research
UNITS & DESK
Legal Desk
Parliamentary Unit/Legislative
Property Desk
Nigeria Labour Congress Headquarters
Plot 829/821, Labour House,
Central Business District,
Abuja - Nigeria. 

Telephone: 

+ 234-9-6276042, Fax: +234-9-6274342

LAGOS OFFICE: 
29, Olajuwon Street, off Ojulegba Road.
P.O. Box 620, Yaba, Lagos - Nigeria.

Telephone: 
234-1-7743988, +234-1-5840288 
Fax: 234-1-5840288

Email:gsec@nlcng.org
       
© 2017 Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) COPYRIGHTS & PERMISSION | PRIVACY POLICY FRAUD ALERT DISCLAIMER